NGK & Burson Major National Promotion
NGK & Burson Major National Promotion
August and September 2020
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- Subject to the clauses below, entry is open to all Burson Automotive Trade Customers who are residents of Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia, West Australia and Northern Territory who have fulfilled the requirements set out below (‘Eligible Entrants‘).
- Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, associated agencies and companies, contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
- Any entrant who is under the age of 18, as of the date of entry, must obtain the prior permission of their legal parent or guardian over the age of 18 to enter. The parent or guardian may be called to verify their consent and may be required to sign a release at the discretion of the Promoter. The release may also require the entrant’s parent or guardian to accept responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the entrant. The release must be completed with the full name, address and telephone number of the entrant’s parent or guardian. Failure to provide such proof, particulars or releases will immediately invalidate the entrant’s entitlement to any prize, subject to State and Territory legislation.
- The Promoter is NGK Spark Plug (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 94 005 601 294) (the ‘Promoter‘). The Promoter’s address is 6 Kingston Park Court , Knoxfield, VIC 3180.
How to enter
- To enter Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period (defined below): purchase a NGK, NTK or KYB product (‘Eligible Product Purchase’) and receive ticket/s entries to win 1 of 4 first, second or third place prizes.
Tickets allocated by product category:
Spark Plugs= 1 Ticket in the draw
Glow Plugs= 2 Tickets in the draw
Ignition Leads= 10 Tickets in the draw
Coils = 20 Tickets in the draw
KYB Shocks/Struts= 20 Ticket in the draw
KYB Protection Kits= 5 Tickets in the draw
NTK Oxygen Sensors= 20 Tickets in the draw
- Entries must provide contact details on request to be eligible to win. Entrants may only enter in their own name. Inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries may be deemed invalid.
Number of Entries permitted
- The number of entries that will be awarded for each Eligible Product Purchase are set out in clause 7. All entrants must retain their original receipts to validate proof of purchase during the promotional period. Such evidence must, on request by the Promoter, be provided to the reasonable satisfaction of the Promoter, to demonstrate that the entrant has complied with these Terms and Conditions. Any entrant found to be sharing any receipt or other proof to demonstrate Proof of Purchase with any other entrant, whether or not related in any way, will have all entries invalidated and will not be able to claim a prize. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter may conduct an immediate redraw if the first drawn entrant is unable to satisfy this clause.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
- The competition commences on 01/08/2020 at 12:01 AM and closes 30/09/2020 at 11:59 PM (‘Promotional Period‘). All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times, based on the location of the Promoter. If any draw date falls on a public holiday, as defined in the state of the Promoter, that draw will be conducted on the next business day. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
- The winners will be the first valid entries drawn at Permitz Group, Suite 2.04, 4 Ilya Avenue Erina NSW 2250 on 05/10/2020 at 11:00 AM. The Promoter will ensure that all entries have an equal chance of winning a prize.
- The draw and the announcement of the prize winners will be scrutinised by an independent person.
- The winners will be notified by email within two business days of the draw. Their names will also be published on 07/10/2020 at www.ngk.com.au/terms for 28 days.
- Prizes (or in the case of vouchers, prize confirmations) will be sent within 28 days of the draw.
- The Promoter may conduct such further draws on 05/01/2021 (at 11:00 at Permitz Group, 2.04, 4 Ilya Avenue Erina NSW 2250) as the original draw in order to distribute any prizes won but unclaimed by this date, subject to State and Territory legislation. Winners of any further draws will be notified by email within two business days of the draw. Their names will also be published on 12/01/2021 at www.ngk.com.au/terms for 28 days.
Prize on offer
- The total prize pool is valued at up to $44,720 (Including GST), as at 17/07/2020.
- The total number of competition winners in this competition is twelve. The prizes on offer are:
|Number of winners||Prize description||Value of each|
|4 Winners||Four geographical groups have been identified and one of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes will be awarded to each of these groups. |
First Place (4 Prizes to be won):
Kincrome 208 Piece Contour Workshop Blue $1800
NGK Retro Bar Fridge $500
Husqvarna 28.0cc Blower – Includes Vac Kit 125BVX $300
Husqvarna 236E Chain Saw $460
Husqvarna Lawn Mower 48cm Alloy Deck LC19AP $800
Husqvarna 27cc Combo Trimmer 129LK $400
Waeco 751 Fridge .And Freezer GEN3 $1200
MAXISAFE LARGE “RED KNIGHT” GLOVES $25
MAXISAFE “KANSAS” CLEAR SAFETY GLASS $25
MAXISAFE CLASS 5/28d8 MAXIMUFF $40
CARGO MATE 25mm X 4 5m RATCHET TIE-DO W\/N $50
TRAFALGAR 126oce FIRST AID KIT $100
Bushman Insect Repellant $11
Sunsense Suncreen $25
Coleman Tent $399
Picnic Table $250
Camping Stove $169
Picnic Set Bag $149
Camping Cook Set $280
Coleman Light $89
Fold Out Cooking Bench 199
Camping Chair $90
Weber BBQ $110
Jumper Lead Kit $150
Fishing Tackle Box $100
Fishing Rod $199
|$ 9,220 |
|4 Winners||Second place (4 prizes to be won): |
Husqvarna Lawn Mower 48cm Alloy Deck LC19AP $800Husqvarna 27cc Combo trimmer 129LK $400
|4 Winners||Third place (4 prizes to be won): |
Husqvarna 236E $460 Husqvarna 28.0cc Blower – Includes Vac Kit 125BVX $300
Further Terms and Conditions
- Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim they have to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this competition.
- Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not necessarily be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release (and indemnification) or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is subject to State and Territory legislation but also final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Privacy Collection statement
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.
- In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Prize-winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
- The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition or if such a change is required to ensure the safety of the Promoter, its representatives and of entrants. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition. In particular, computer generated entries and the use “scripting” is not permitted and will not be accepted.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (‘Non-Excludable Guarantees‘).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- Authorised under: NSW Permit No. NTP/00015. ACT Permit No. TP 20/00920. SA Licence No. T20/777.