NGK Spark Plugs & Burson Scratch Card Promotion
CONGRATULATIONS to the 5 Major Prize Winners!
VIC/TAS: Rod Poliness
NSW/ACT: Mark Tallar
QLD: Keith Watmough
SA/NT: Daniel Page
WA: Greg Mitchell
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- Subject to the clauses below, entry is open to all Burson Auto Parts Trade Account Customers in Australia who are residents of Australia and who have fulfilled the requirements set out below (‘Eligible Entrants‘). Entrants must be over the age of 18, as of the date of entry.
- Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, associated agencies and companies, contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
- The Promoter is NGK Spark Plug (Australia) Pty Ltd (ABN 94 005 601 294) (the ‘Promoter‘). The Promoter’s address is 6 Kingston Park Court, Knoxfield, VIC 3180.
How to enter
- To enter Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period (defined below): purchase an NGK Ignition Lead Kit, NTK Oxygen Sensor or KYB Shock Absorber or Strut from any Burson branch during the promotional period and receive a scratch card.
- Scratch cards will be distributed throughout this promotional period in all Burson branches until scratch cards run out
- The Major Prizes will only be awarded once winners have made contact with the NGK Spark Plug’s head office at 1300 55 40 59 in order to provide proof of purchase and the winning scratch card.
- Major prize winners will have until Sunday 15th July 2018 to claim their prize before the unclaimed prize draw will take effect.
- Eligible Entrants who have not won instantly may register for the Second Chance Draw (hereunder the unclaimed prize draw).
- Printing and other quality-control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured. Instant-win game materials are void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
- The number of game cards and winning cards is set out in the table below. Printer details: tlcdigitalplus, 51 DeHavilland Road, Mordialloc, VIC 3195.
- Entrants for the second chance draw must provide contact details on request to be eligible to win. Entrants may only enter in their own name. Inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries may be deemed invalid.
Number of Entries permitted
- One entry per Eligible Product Purchase. All entrants must retain their original receipts and winning scratch card to validate proof of purchase during the promotional period. Such evidence must, on request by the Promoter, be provided to the reasonable satisfaction of the Promoter, to demonstrate that the entrant has complied with these Terms and Conditions. Any entrant found to be sharing any receipt or other proof to demonstrate Proof of Purchase with any other entrant, whether or not related in any way, will have all entries invalidated and will not be able to claim a prize. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter may conduct an immediate redraw if the first drawn entrant is unable to satisfy this clause.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
- The competition commences on 01/05/2018 at 12:01 AM and closes 30/06/2018 at 11:59 PM (‘Promotional Period‘). All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times, based on the location of the Promoter.
- The winners will be notified instantly on the scratch card they have received. Instant notification of prize winning is subject to compliance with these terms and conditions.
- Major Prizes (or in the case of vouchers, prize confirmations) will be sent within 28 days from the end of the Promotional Period.
- The Promoter may conduct such further draws on 17/07/2018(at 11:00 at Permitz Group, 2.03 /4 Ilya Avenue Erina NSW 2250) as the original draw in order to distribute any Major Prizes unclaimed by this date, subject to State and Territory legislation. Winners of any further draws will be notified by email or phone within two business days of the draw and their prize delivered within 28 days of the draw. Their names will also be published on 18/07/2018 at www.ngk.com.au/tcs for 28 days and in The Advertiser Newspaper on 27/07/2018.
Prize on offer
- The total prize pool is valued at up to $30410 (Including GST), as at 23/04/2018.
- The total number of competition winners in this competition is 4587. The prizes on offer are set out in the table below:
|Number of winners||Prize description||Value of each|
Minor prizes will be branded promotional items worth $5 each, there will be 5 different items spread across each store
Note: The minor prizes are an instant win as the promoter will send the respective scratch card pack and minor prize allocation to each store.
|5 average price|
|5||Each major prize will be a $1500 prepaid credit card |
Note: The major prizes will only be awarded once the winners have made contact with the NGK Spark Plugs head office at 1300 55 40 59 during the specified period in order to provide proof of purchase and the winning scratch card.
Prize Values (*note that there will be only one Major Prize winner for both NSW and the ACT and only one Major Prize winner for both SA and the NT) The table below sets out the maximum potential prize pool in each state or group of states.
|Minor Value||Major Value||Total Value if major prize is won|
|NSW||$ 6,695.00||$ 1,500.00 (1 winner from either NSW or ACT* )||$ 8,195.00|
|ACT||$ 230.00||$ 1,500.00 ( 1 winner from either NSW or ACT *)||$ 1,730.00|
|VIC/TAS||$ 7,405.00||$ 1,500.00||$ 8,905.00|
|QLD||$ 5,990.00||$ 1,500.00||$ 7,490.00|
|SA||$ 1,650.00||$ 1,500.00 (1 winner either from SA or NT* )||$ 3,150.00|
|NT||$ 270.00||$ 1,500.00 (1 winner either from SA or NT *)||$ 1,770.00|
|WA||$ 670.00||$ 1,500.00||$ 2,170.00|
|$ 30,410.00 (for 7 states)|
Scratch Card Figures
|Minor Winning||Major Winning||2nd Chance Draw *||Total Value|
*The second chance draw is for unclaimed major prizes
Further Terms and Conditions
- Eligible Entrants must comply with these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this competition.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not necessarily be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter highly recommends a current business street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver major prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
- Minor prizes must be collected from the Burson branch from which the scratch card was received during the promotional period. Minor prizes must be redeemed by 6th July 2018.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner’s deed of release (and indemnification) or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is subject to State and Territory legislation but also final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Major prizes will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Privacy Collection statement
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.
- In participating in the competition, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Prize-winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
- The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition. In particular, computer generated entries and the use “scripting” is not permitted and will not be accepted.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (‘Non-Excludable Guarantees‘).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize. The Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits or opportunity), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition including taking or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law), including the Non-Excludable guarantees. Any change in value of the prize occurring between the publishing date and date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the Promoter.
- Authorised under: NSW Permit No. LTPS/18/21701. SA Licence No. T18/176.